2 June 2016

PIGS CAN FLY: Busted Tour 2016

Hiya!

I'm so excited to be able to say that I have finally seen my all-time favourite band (who I've adored since I was a toddler!) and it was everything I was hoping it would be! After so many years of anticipation and assumptions, it was relieving to hear that Busted were getting back together, giving me a chance to experience a Busted concert for real (rather than watching their 2004 tour DVD over and over!).

When I first heard that Busted were reuniting, I was obviously super excited, but there was a slight sense of suspicion as to what Charlie's motives were, after his refusal to take part in the McBusted era. However, after watching a couple of interviews, I soon realised how wrong I had been and how enthusiastic all three of them were to be back together!

The show itself was amazing - the support acts were Youtuber, Emma Blackery and punk band, Wheatus. We didn't arrive early enough to catch Emma's set but we saw Wheatus and it was like stepping back in time! I didn't recognise some of their newer material but as soon as 'Teenage Dirtbag' started playing, I was up on my feet and dancing; the whole arena was buzzing!

Then it was time for the main event: it started with a giant, somewhat eerie, pig floating around the arena, while snatches of a VT were played on the screens, building the tension and anticipation. Then all of a sudden, the lights were off, the music was playing and Busted were on stage in London for the first time in 12 years!

The gig featured the big hits like 'Air Hostess', 'Crashed the Wedding' and 'What I Go to School For', as well as some new songs including 'Coming Home' and the brand new tracks 'Easy' and 'One of a Kind'. My personal favourite was 'Sleeping With the Light On' as this has been my favourite Busted song since forever! And naturally, they finished with the killer 'Year 3000', along with smoke, lights and confetti canons, which sent the crowd absolutely crazy.

It was a super memorable night and I'm so happy that I had the chance to see my faves live for the first time! I also managed to buy a tour t-shirt (which is linked on my 'Charlotte Loves' page) which added to my excitement!

I hope you've enjoyed this post - if you've been to see the Pigs Can Fly tour or saw Busted the first time round, tweet me or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear about your experiences!

See you soon,
Charlotte x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment