27 May 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Sing by Vivi Greene

Hiya!

"I chose this... I get to make music and sing my songs and live my life in front of millions of people. I don't get to be normal. I'm just the fool who keeps trying. But this summer is going to be different."

'Sing' is the debut novel of pop-culture obsessed Vivi Greene, which documents the low-key summer that one of the most famous pop stars in the world, Lily Ross, tries to have. It is a summer in which Lily is trying to forget about romance so she has time to find herself, but then Noel Bradley, local boy-next-door which throws a spanner in the works!

I absolutely LOVED this book! As always, it took me a while to immerse myself into the fictional world that has been created but as soon as I had got my head around the plot, I was hooked. The main character, Lily is so naive and oblivious that I instantly warmed to her; her innocence and care-free attitude sculpted her into a very lovable character! I'm also completely obsessed with anything to do with the celebrity world so maybe that had something to do with why I loved her as a character!

The romance factor in the novel was super cute and I loved the portrayal of Noel's family, especially his crazy little sister, Sidney who seems to be just as singer-obsessed as me, which is reassuring! I thought that the relationship that Lily and Noel had was the perfect balance of real-life and fairytale, making it seem believable but also amazingly cute and out of this world. Also, the bond of friendship is so prominent in the novel, shown between Lily and her best friends, Tess and Sammy. I think everyone will agree with me when I say that books that feature girl power are the absolute best!

'Sing' is the perfect, most irresistible novel that is guaranteed to get you in the mood for an enticing summer of new beginnings and adventure; grab your sunnies, hit the beach, pull up a sun lounger and read to your heart's content!


****************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed this week's post, leave a comment if you're thinking about reading 'Sing' - I'd love to hear what you think! As always, tweet me @charlyblogs if you want to have a chat about the book... or a chat about anything really!

See you soon,
Charlotte x 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment