17 January 2016

Travel Essentials

Hiya!

Recently, my family and I drove down to Devon to visit my Auntie and Uncle as they moved there a couple of years ago. It usually takes around 5 hours to drive there so I wanted to be fully prepared for the journey, because I'm not a massive fan of travelling as I suffer from car sickness. This then got me thinking about what my absolute travel essentials are - and I thought that I'd make a list and share it with you guys! So here we go:

1. Headphones
For me, listening to music on a long journey is the best way to occupy yourself. I love putting my headphones on and daydreaming the journey away - I almost always fall asleep as well! However, don't make the same mistake that I did on the journey home; I forgot to replace the batteries in my headphones so I had to use in-ear buds for 5 hours! It's safe to say that my ears were a bit sore when we got home.

2. Snacks
Food is obviously super important - there's nothing worse than being bored AND hungry so small snacks and bottles of water are vital. Also, you don't want to be caught out by the uber expensive service station prices. My favourite travel snacks are a packet of crisps, water and some chocolate - yummy!

3. Pillows
I never go anywhere without my pillows because I just can't get a good nights sleep without them. I've tried to use hotel pillows before and they just feel so foreign and uncomfortable. So, I take my pillows in the car with me and use them for extra comfort for the journey as well as for the actual nights sleep.

4. Books
Although I suffer from travel sickness, sometimes I find that reading can distract me from feeling sick. To save space, take an e-reader (such as a kindle) with you - 1000's of books in one place! If books aren't your thing, try flicking through a magazine or a newspaper - there's plenty of photos to keep you happy.

These are just a couple of the things that I always take with me when travelling but feel free to comment below what you always take with you - I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

See you soon,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment