10 January 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Shopaholic to the Rescue by Sophie Kinsella

Hiya!

I've planned to do a book review for today's post because I ran a poll on Twitter and those that voted said they wanted to see more book and beauty posts. If you want to have a say on what you see on my blog then make sure you follow me on Twitter (@charlyblogs) because I'll be running more polls throughout the year!

I'm a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella's books and I've followed the Shopaholic series religiously for the last couple of years (since I first discovered the novels). As soon as I heard that 'Shopaholic to the Rescue' was being released, I put it straight on my Christmas list! The previous novel, 'Shopaholic to the Stars' ended on such a cliffhanger and I was desperate to find out what happened next. When I unwrapped the book on Christmas day, I was beyond excited because I realised that all of the questions that had been swirling around in my head for a year would finally be answered - I couldn't wait to start reading it.

Starting with the positives, I want to say how hilarious the entire book was. The main character, Becky, is full of funny one liners and her erratic, crazy approach to life is always hilarious to read about. Her husband, Luke, has always got a witty (and often skeptical!) remark to make about Becky's antics which makes the situations even funnier. Another great point about the book is the constant reference to friendship and loyalty. It's refreshing to read a novel that really addresses how important it is to stay loyal to your friends, no matter what they're going through. It shows that how ever busy and stressed you feel, your friends will always be there for you. It's such a nice message to send out!

On a slightly more negative note, I have to admit that this wasn't my favourite Shopaholic book. I thought the plot was too long winded and the story didn't seem to really begin until near the end of the novel. While I thought it was a good book, it definitely wasn't in my top 10. 

Overall, I thought the book was okay but I thought that it needed for excitement in the plot to engage the reader. In saying that, it hasn't put me off of the Shopaholic series and I will definitely buy the next one (fingers crossed another one is released!). What books have you read recently? Tweet me what you thought of them on @charlyblogs or comment below!

See you soon,
Charlotte x



No comments:

Post a Comment