3 January 2016

BEAUTY REVIEW: Too Faced 'Chocolate Bar' Eye Palette

Hiya!

Recently, I've become absolutely obsessed with eye makeup and I've been buying loads of palettes so I can create all different kinds of looks. However, the only ones that I've been able to afford are drugstore palettes from brands such as MUA and Rimmel. Although these palettes were really good, I wanted to test out a more high end palette to see how they compare. So for my birthday, my friends treated me to Too Faced's 'Chocolate Bar' palette which features dreamy pinks, browns and purples - beautiful!

BRAND: Too Faced
PRODUCT: Chocolate Bar Eye Palette
NO. OF SHADES: 16
PRICE: £39

I researched so many different brands when I was deciding which palette I wanted because it's such a big commitment when they're all quite expensive! I wanted this particular palette because the colours suited my complexion (brown eyes, brown hair, tanned skin) and there was a good variety of light and dark shades.

I was so excited when I opened it as I saw that it came with a 'Glam Guide' which featured three different eye looks using various shades. This is such a great addition to the product as it gave me a starting point when deciding which shades complement each other.

My favourite shades at the moment are 'creme brulee', 'black forest truffle' and 'marizpan' because I adore the glitter in them! It adds a shimmery effect to the eye and makes the eye look larger.

Something I wasn't expecting from the palette was the delicious chocolatey smell that fills the air the minute that you open it! It's such a nice touch and makes the product so unique and original. I've since found out that the shadows are made form anti-oxidant rich cocoa powder which not only smells really great but also does wonders for your skin - an added bonus!

Overall. I would highly recommend this product as the shades are just so PRETTY! Each shadow is super pigmented, meaning only a few strokes of a brush need to be used to create a bright and vibrant effect. I would definitely say that the product is well worth the money, so if you're debating whether or not to buy it... go for it!

I hope you enjoyed the review and I'd love to know what makeup you're loving at the moment - tweet me on @charlyblogs or tag me on Instagram on @charlyblogs.

See you soon,
Charlotte x






2 comments:

  1. I blame you for the lack of money in my bank account! Haha. After reading this, I've been pushed over the edge, I have to get one! x
    Lauren | Simply Lauren Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - that's fine by me! They're so so worth the money, I use it all the time! I'm now saving up for the new 'So Peachy' palette - it looks just as dreamy! x

      Delete