9 July 2015

Top 5 Things to Do in London

Hiya!

I live in the suburbs of London so the capital is only a 30 minute train ride away and I take full advantage of this! Spending time in London is great because nothing ever stays the same. For example, Trafalgar Square is always, always changing because of all the different shows and performances that are put on in front of the huge lions. In this post, I'm going to give you an idea of what I do when I go to London (they're all cheap as well!).

1. Sight-See
Be a tourist for the day! You would do it in a different country so why not have a look around your own? You'd be surprised at the amount of things you didn't know were in London or how much history some of the buildings have. If you want a guided tour then I'd recommend the bus tours or the river boat tours which are my personal favourite. If not, then plan your route before you go, making sure you've got the London Eye and Buckingham Palace on your list!

2. Picnic in Hyde Park
This is such a simple thing to do but it's so much fun, especially if you go in a big group. Everyone can bring some food or you could pop into an express supermarket when you get there, although they tend to be way more expensive than normal supermarkets! Take a couple of picnic blankets so that you can lounge around and just enjoy each others' company. This is weather dependent though so I'd advise you only plan it for summer outings!

3. Watch a Film Premiere
If you've read some of my previous posts, you'll know how much I love film premieres (if not check them out here and here) and I just had to mention them! They're completely free, they're so exciting and they make you feel like you're a part of the glitzy Hollywood lifestyle. To see what premieres are happening in 2015, click here.

4. Go to Covent Garden
Covent Garden is a really cool mix of modern shops and market stalls which means you can find some really unique things. There are also loads of street performers wandering around which are always super fun and entertaining. It's also a short walk away from embankment, so on a nice day you can go and sit by the river in one of the many bars and cafés.

5. Shopping
Nothing can compare to shopping in London because of the sheer size of all of the shops! Most of them are the flagship stores which means they stock pretty much everything the shop sells so you get the best range of clothes which is always nice. Also, the number of shops dotted around London is crazy - you can find almost anything! The places I visit most are Regent Street and Oxford Street but I do like Carnaby Street as well.

If you decide to do any of my ideas, show me a picture on either Twitter (@charlyblogs) or Instagram (@charlyblogs)!

See you soon,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment